The River User Groups' terms of the reference, agreed with the Environment Agency (EA), are to:
The groups’ constitutions require them to have:
- act as a forum of communication and promote understanding between all users
- safeguard the interests of all river users
- promote safety and goodwill.
The EA has pledged to support all reasonable administrative costs incurred by the RUGs.
- representation from all organisations and river activities, each with one vote if decisions are needed
- up to three meetings a year
- a chairman and secretary
The RUG chairs are ‘ex officio’ members of the Thames Users Navigation Forum which meets two or three times a year at the EA offices in Reading and is chaired by the EA Area Manager – West Thames.
The individual RUGs work very close with the EA's Waterways Team based at Shepperton Lock. The EA's guidance on how to:
can be found on the Gov.UK Boating Pages and they can be contacted on: email@example.com
- register a boat
- get permission to hold an event
- obtain information on river closures, restrictions and conditions
DO NOT REMOVE THIS BLOCK! REQUIRED FOR PAGE CMS CONTENT